Please find terms & conditions for all of our services here, by paying a deposit for your service you are agreeing to these terms. Including those that are voluntary services.
1. Holiday Home Hire
2. Inflatable Hire
3. Electric Go Cart Hire
4. Complaints Procedure
1. Holiday Home Hire
- Terms & conditions & general information regarding your ‘Independent Holiday Home’ booking on Bunn Leisure through The Reilly Enterprise Ltd.
- Please note The Reilly Enterprise Ltd, is not affiliated to Bunn Leisure, is not acting on behalf of Bunn Leisure & is not an agent of Bunn Leisure.
- These terms and conditions relate to the independent letting of caravans 921 & 923 Nab Tower Lane, West Sands Village, Bunn Leisure. Selsey.
- The terms and conditions enclosed do however incorporate the terms laid out by Bunn Leisure for using the site and site facilities which they own and maintain.
- In EMERGENCY please contact The Reilly Enterprise Ltd directly with any query regarding the van on 07400040904.
- Once onsite, facilities and security information will be supplied by the Bunn Leisure RECEPTION & SECURITY team.
- All prices are per week, or per short break, and for the caravan holiday homes only, as equipped and described.
- All prices quoted online are the most up to date, & printed literature is only correct at time of going to print.
- Maximum length of stay is three weeks.
- The usual HOLIDAY ARRIVALS time is 4pm, unless otherwise stated (subject to unavoidable delays).
- You must vacate your caravan holiday home by 10am on your date of departure. Cleaners will enter the van at 10 am sharp.
- We do not have a late vacation option unless this has been pre- arranged with your original booking.
- If you have not vacated the van by 10am on departure day a penalty fee will be charged, the penalty fee is equal to the daily rate of your holiday, the cleaner will enter the van and begin their work & they will remove all items which are not on our itinerary, this is to ensure the next occupant can begin their holiday on time.
- You are expected to leave everything in a clean and tidy condition.
- You are responsible for any damage or loss sustained during your stay & this will be deducted from your damage deposit.
- Please ensure you hand your key into reception on departure.
- Non-arrivals - Unless The Reilly Enterprise Ltd has been previously notified, accommodation unclaimed by 10am on the day following your holiday start date will be treated as a cancelled booking, and another guest may be allocated.
- > Booking Confirmation
- Once a booking has been made you will receive confirmation, only after full monies have been paid does a contract between The Reilly Enterprise Ltd and the customer exist.
- Should you wish to make a change to your booking once it has been confirmed, such as the type of accommodation, we will always try to meet your request. However, a charge of £20 per alteration will be payable. If you wish to change the date of your holiday, this may be treated as a cancellation.
- Any quotation obtained prior to confirming your booking is subject to change.
- All party members must provide their full name and date of birth prior to arrival. (this information will be collected at the time of booking)
- This booking has been entered into on the understanding that the total number in your party shall in no circumstances exceed the capacity of the caravan holiday home as advertised online.
- Children and infants must be included in the total number of the party.
- Initial Payment - When you book, the initial Deposit payment is due ASAP. This initial payment will include your booking deposit & Damage deposit, your booking deposit comes off your total balance but your damage deposit which is a refundable damage deposit, & is not part of your holiday total payment, this payment will be refunded to you upon satisfactory inspection of the van, and will be returned within 14 days of your departure date.
- If you wish to take advantage of any offers, they must be claimed at the booking stage. All offers are subject to availability at the time of booking and to specific terms and conditions and may be withdrawn at any time. Special offers only apply to the promotional period stated and cannot normally be combined with any other offer. Please also note that if prices are reduced on a similar offer/booking, once you have booked your holiday, we are unable to refund the difference between your holiday price and any special offer prices.
- Holiday deposits/payments, unfortunately, cannot be transferred from one year to another.
- Your total invoiced balance, is due in full 6 weeks before the start of your holiday. Your email invoice gives full details.
- For bookings made within 4 weeks of your holiday start date, you will normally pay the full hire charge when you make your booking.
- If you wish to pay your balance-of-hire by credit card a £2.50 charge applies & will be added to your balance due, credit cards must be cleared 6 weeks before the start date of your holiday.
- We recommend that you take out your own Holiday insurance which covers you and your holiday party if you cancel your holiday for one of the qualifying reasons. We do not offer holiday cancellation insurance.
- Cots and Highchairs are available for an extra charge - A maximum of two cots can be accommodated in caravan holiday homes. Cots may need to be located in the living area in some accommodation, please check on booking. You will need to bring your own cot linen. Cots and highchairs need to be requested at the time of booking and are subject to availability.
- Towels are not provided. Please supply your own towels.
- Bedding is provided - pillows, duvets/quilts, covers, sheets and pillow cases.
- We request that if you have any person who is incontinent, including small children, that you bring an appropriate amount of bedding and mattress protectors with you.
- A modern launderette is available by West Sands reception.
- Your holiday cost includes the use of the majority of the main park venues, facilities and activities. Certain facilities and activities are subject to an additional cost, you can purchase a 'Bunn Leisure Entertainment Pass' when you check in at reception.
- Some facilities and activities may be restricted off-peak.
- Your Booking is made on the understanding that the caravan holiday home will be placed at your disposal on the date stated. Should this not be possible through circumstances not under the control of the owner (e.g. fire, theft or damage) we cannot guarantee to provide an alternative holiday accommodation. In this case, the booking deposit will be refunded to you in full but you will have no claim against the owner. As part of our customer service at The Reilly Enterprise Ltd, we would however endeavor to arrange alternative accommodation to the best of our abilities.
- “In the interest of continued improvement Bunn Leisure reserves the right to alter or delete amenities or facilities or any part of the program of activities either advertised or previously available without prior notice. The company reserves the right to move or amend bookings already confirmed without notifying you.” (Bunn Leisure’s Terms & Conditions) As an independent owner we are subject to these same rules, we would however make contact with our customers immediately if we are aware of any changes.
- The holidays on offer have been designed with families and couples in mind. Therefore bookings by persons of 21 years of age and under are not allowed, in line with Bunn Leisure’s policies. There are also restrictions on bookings for 'singles groups' consisting of all male or all female single people. We may apply discretion in certain circumstances such as pre-arranged sports events however, please contact us if you would like further clarification.
- They / We reserve the right to cancel or refuse the booking if these conditions are contravened.
- WE do not allow holiday makers to be accompanied by their pets in our vans – unfortunately we have a narrow window of time for cleaning and turnaround before the next holiday maker arrives and so have found that this is not possible when cleaning up after pets.
- Swimming Pool/Steam Room/Sauna/Sunbeds - Children under the age of 12 and non-swimmers are not allowed to use the swimming pools unless accompanied by an adult. Under 16's are not allowed in the Health Suite and Fitness Centre.
- Vehicles, their accessories and contents are left at your risk. The Reilly Enterprise Ltd, Bunn Leisure and their Management will not be responsible for loss or damage to accessories or contents from any causes except from the negligence of its employees and/or agents.
- On-site parking and other regulations are in accordance with Local Authority requirements. Whilst using your vehicle on Bunn Leisure you are bound by the Road Traffic Act 1988 and all laws are applicable, including driving, or being in charge of a vehicle when under the influence of drink or drugs.
- Commercial vehicles are not permitted on Bunn Leisure property, there is a zero tolerance policy in this area.
- If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of your accommodation you must in the first instance notify us at The Reilly Enterprise Ltd, on 07400040904, if we do not reply to you in good time please contact Reception so that they have the opportunity to rectify it for you. If you do not notify us immediately whilst on Park, we cannot consider any subsequent claim submitted. Written claims not received by The Reilly Enterprise Ltd within 14 days of the completion of your holiday will not be considered.
- If you are dissatisfied with any other aspect of your holiday service onsite, which are not under The Reilly Enterprise control, therefore excluding accommodation as above, you must notify Reception immediately so that they have the opportunity to rectify it for you. If you do not notify them immediately whilst on Park, they cannot consider any subsequent claim submitted. Written claims not received by Bunn Leisure within 14 days of the completion of your holiday will not be considered.
- > Bunn Leisure Reserves the right –
- To refuse to hand over accommodation to any person who, in the opinion of the Management, is not suitable to take charge of the keys.
- If, in the reasonable opinion of ourselves and/or Bunn Leisure, any person(s) is not suitable to continue the holiday because of unreasonable behavior, damage to property, danger or significant annoyance to others.
- If Bunn Leisure has a reasonable suspicion that any person(s) has committed or intends to commit an offence, the contract may be terminated, in which case we will not have further liability.
- In this event, you will remain liable for your full holiday cost, no refund shall be due.
- The hirer shall also be liable for any damage caused in the caravan holiday home.
- Bunn Leisure and the owner(s) have the right to enter any accommodation (without prior notice if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies occur (e.g. if repairs need to be carried out).
- While Every Care Is Taken to ensure the details shown online or in brochures are correct, The Reilly Enterprise Ltd & Bunn Leisure cannot accept responsibility for errors, omissions or misunderstanding.
- > Special Conditions
- Ball games are not be permitted near caravans or built up areas - please use areas provided.
- Push chairs are not permitted in the clubs.
- Boats/Jet Skis and such water craft are not permitted to be parked by caravans or in our car parks. Storage facilities are available on request.
- While every effort will be made to return lost property, The Reilly Enterprise Ltd & Bunn Leisure cannot accept responsibility for items left after departure.
- Lost property will only be held for one month after departure.
- Smoking - In order to comply with we expect all of our guests not to smoke in any of our caravans, cottages, pubs, clubs, restaurants and indoor venues. They will be liable for any damage caused through smoking.
- Whilst every effort is taken at Bunn Leisure to create a relaxing holiday experience they do however have a smart casual dress code for their restaurants and entertainment venues, and do not allow sports shorts or vests to be worn.
- BUNN ask that when visiting any of their venues that the appropriate footwear is worn.
- Please note that Bunn Leisure makes use of CCTV on their Parks to ensure the safety of all guests, holidaymakers and employees, The Reilly Enterprise Ltd fully supports this policy.
- Pushchairs and infant seats - at busy times, for safety reasons pushchairs are not allowed in any of Bunn Leisure’s entertainment venues. Infant seats are available free of charge at the venues on request.
- > Health & Safety
- The operation of Bunn Leisure’s parks is subject to legislation and the guidelines laid down by the Health & Safety Executive and Local Authorities and their codes of practice.
- They reserve the right to adjust their services in order to meet these standards. In extenuating circumstances accommodation, entertainment, sports activities or any facility may be withdrawn, due to maintenance, renovation, adverse weather conditions, changes in governmental legislation, or any other factor out of their control.
- They reserve the right to make such changes without prior notice, and are unable to accept liability for the loss of an advertised facility, or to pay compensation for any inconvenience caused.
- Where possible, they & in turn, we at The Reilly Enterprise Ltd will advise of any significant changes prior to booking and endeavor to advise guests already booked of any significant changes as they occur.
- Certain facilities have height, weight and/or age restrictions, and session bathing may occur in our pools at certain times - please check at the time of booking.
- > Children
- Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
- > Holiday Cancellation
- If you should need to cancel your holiday; please call our team on 07400040904 immediately.
- We do not offer refunds of either your booking deposit or full balance.
- If you contact us more than 4 weeks before the holiday date, we will endeavor to re-sell your holiday on your behalf. A £20.00 admin fee will be added to your balance to cover the extra admin involved. If we manage to re-sell your holiday you can transfer your booking to another available date. This is at the director’s discretion.
- If we cannot resell you holiday, we cannot transfer your holiday to another date, and there will be no refund.
- Following the two previous points – if you contact us to cancel you holiday with less than 4 weeks-notice, director’s discretion will be used, but there may not be an option to transfer your date.
- With the last three points in mind please be advised that if you require holiday insurance please look for an independent quote.
- If you cut your holiday short we are not obliged to offer a refund.
- > Arrivals and the booking in process
- The reception area you require is; ______________________________. Please be aware all four parks are linked and now share reception areas, you will need owners reception.
- Please call RECEPTION directly on 01243 607777, if you have any trouble finding them.
- Your arrival time is on your Holiday Arrival form, this form is required for Bunn Leisure to release the keys to you so please ensure you have your copy with you upon arrival.
- The reception will not allocate keys until your designated arrival time, please feel free to explore the beach & grab a coffee in one of the cafes or restaurants while you wait.
- When your keys are allocated, reception will offer you the opportunity to purchase entertainment passes, as our packages do not include these. So that you are aware you can access restaurants, the beach, the nature reserve, the fun fair and the go karts without a pass – you can also pay – per – day for swimming, but if you would like to take advantage of the amazing evening entertainment and have use of the pool everyday it is advisable to purchase the separate pass.
- AT reception you can request a site map, and ask them to mark where the van is.
- This is also where you can collect an entertainment rota.
- Our van is situated in an ideal location for a variety of needs, we are second in a row of only three vans deep, so there is only a small distance from the road to the van, we overlook the edge of the nature reserve, we are only a two minute walk behind the main Waterfront Complex, which is on the beach and houses the Embassy Club & the swimming pool as well as a bar, a restaurant, amusements, the gym, a coffee shop, the over 18’s bar and a mini supermarket – the teenagers club room and the kid’s club areas are also in this area, as well as a take away.
- Please be aware once on site you can also use all of the facilities in either of the Bunn Leisure parks, so there are several different styles of entertainment on per evening.
- On your day of departure we ask you to have vacated the van before 10 am as per the terms and conditions, and return your keys to reception.
- Updated 01/01/2018
2. INFLATABLES HIRE AGREEMENT / TERMS & CONDITIONS
Corporate & Private Party Bookings
It is the responsibility of the person or organisation named as the client via invoice, to ensure that all possible steps are taken to avoid injury to children or damage to the inflatable which they have hired. Please ensure that the following Safety Instructions are followed, to comply with our public liability insurance stipulations:
- This unit has an age limit of 14 years only. Please ensure no-one over this age uses the equipment.
- No adults are to use this Bouncy Castle.
- No food or drinks or chewing gum to be allowed on or near the Bouncy Castle to avoid choking and mess
- If the Inflatable is collected in a dirty condition then the person hiring it will incur a cleaning charge of £50.
- All shoes, glasses, jewellery, badges MUST be removed before using the Bouncy Castle.
- No face paints, party poppers, coloured streamers or silly string to be used either on or near the Bouncy Castle.
- No smoking or barbeques near the Bouncy Castle.
- Climbing, hanging or sitting on walls is DANGEROUS and must not be allowed.
- A responsible Adult must supervise their children on the Bouncy Castle at all times.
- Always ensure that the Bouncy Castle is not overcrowded, and limit numbers according to the age and size of Children using it.
- Avoid large and small Children from using the Inflatable at the same time.
- Ensure your children are not pushing, colliding, fighting or behaving in a manner likely to injure or cause distress to others.
- No pets, toys or sharp instruments permitted on the inflatable.
- If the Bouncy Castle is not being used for any part of the day, please switch the blower off at the mains.
- Do not allow anyone to bounce on the front safety step as a Child could easily bounce off the inflatable and get hurt. The step is there to assist users in getting on or off only.
- Do not use the castle if you have a history of back or neck.
- Do not allow a child who is feeling unwell on the castle.
- Do not allow anyone to be on the Bouncy Castle during inflation or deflation as this is DANGEROUS.
- Please ensure that Children are not attempting somersaults and are clothed appropriately and that nothing can fall out of their pockets.
- Ensure that an area of 6 feet (2 metres) around the unit is completely clear of obstructions which may cause damage or injury.
- The Bouncy Castle should not be used if it becomes wet on the jumping area. If no shower cover is fitted and in the event of rain, the unit should not be used.
- In the event of heavy rain, it is imperative that the Bouncy Castle be switched off.
- Any wetness which may occur on the surface of the castle, including bubbling (which is normal) can be dried with a towel.
- In the event that the blower stops working, please ensure all users get off the inflatable immediately.
- The blower has a safety reset button, try pressing this, also check the fuses and make sure the blower tube or deflation tube has not come undone or something has not blown onto and is obstructing the blower.
- In the event that the blower overheats, or loses power, switch the blower off at the mains, then switch it back on again 1 or 2 minutes later, and it should restart. If it does not, inform us straight away.
- IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF ANYTHING, PLEASE CONTACT US.
- Please note that all persons using this Bouncy Castle do so at their own risk.
- The person/s or organization hiring this Inflatable equipment will be responsible/ liable for any damage or injury occurring from or as a result of misuse or reckless use.
- These guidelines are for the safety of all people using this equipment, and it is the sole responsibility of the hirer to ensure they are fully adhered to at all times.
- Our Company cannot accept any responsibility for any injury caused to anyone using this equipment.
- By making payment for your booking you agree you have read the above agreement and fully understand and accept the conditions as above. And agree with the statement. “I am aware that whilst in my care I am fully responsible for the inflatable and will pay for any loss or damage that may occur, this will include the inflatable being returned in an unacceptable condition, i.e.: If it is in a dirty or muddy condition, I will expect to lose my refundable deposit as a cleaning charge.”
- I HEREBY AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS LISTED ABOVE
- And agree to Hire the Equipment listed below which is subject to the terms and conditions as above. INFLATABLE / ELECTRIC BLOWER / 4 ANCHOR STAKES OR WEIGHTED BAGS / 2 SAFETY MATS / EXTENSION CABLE / BOUNCY CASTLE BAG
- UPDATED 05/06/15.
3. Electric Go Cart Hire
Go Cart Party Hire Gosport.
Gosport's ONLY Mobile Go Cart Party Hire. Give your child that party to remember with a Go Cart Party. We supply all the equipment needed to have the ultimate party experience. With safety being our main goal all our equipment is fully compliant with all recent Health and Safety regulations and we hold all relevant insurance documents.
PLEASE NOTE - A minimum space of 10 x 10 meters are needed to set up our smallest track.
Our parties are suitable for children aged between 3-14. We cater for all abilities and ages to ensure every child has the ultimate Go Carting experience. With our inflatable low impact track and a wide range of safety features on our Electric Go Carts, parents can rest assured their children will have a party to remember. If you would like to hire our equipment for a fete, show, Wedding, BBQ, Business day or corporate event please feel free to contact us. We can also hire our equipment in half day and day packages.
Gosport Go Cart Party Packages
For children nothing beats the excitement of driving their first Go Kart - especially on their Birthday. Here at Gosport Go Kart Hire we have various party packages to suit all needs. We can cater for between 2-25 children aged between 3-14. Each package can be tailored to suit.
Our Go Carts
We have Six go Carts available for hire (4 formula 1 cars, one police motorbike and one Tractor). Each car is double seated therefore children as young as 3 years old can ride with an adult riding on the back seat.
*Complete Speed Adjuster
* 360 Degrees Safety Bumper Barrier
* Engine Sound Effects
* Twin Seated (can hold 2 children or 1 adult and 1 child)
Go Cart Specs:
Our near silent Go Karts are suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. With a 12v battery powered belt driven motor they certainly have to power to make your party enjoyable.
* Car style padded steering wheel
* Black inner tubed steel wheels
* Single Caliper automatic braking system
* Quality welded steel frame
* 360 degrees rubber bumper barrier
* Length 150cm
* Twin Seated to enable adults to ride with young children
* Twin accelerator pedals for full control (F1 Cars Only)
* Striking artwork design
* 9 Speed settings, suitable for all abilities
* Forward gears (no reverse)
* Suitable for use on all hard flat surfaces and very short grass
Safety when Driving Our Go Carts
We take safety extremely seriously at Goport Go Carting, that's why we have invested in the safest go Carts on the market. Not only do our Carts have 360 degrees bumper barrier to ensure safe and slow impact, each cart is also fitted with fully adjustable speed controls. As well as many equipment safety features we also supply a fully trained operator for the duration of your party or event.
Our Go Carts are fitted with an array of safety features including:
*9 speed adjustable speed limiter to cater for all abilities.
*Precision welded Steel frame
*Double Seated to enable adults to ride with small children
* Virtually Silent motor with optional engine sound effects
* Automatic braking system when accelerator is depressed
* Encased driver cockpit
* Padded Steering wheel
* Double accelerator pedals to give both riders full control
* 360 degrees rubber safety bumper barrier
Our inflatable safety track
Our track enables the go carts to come to a slow and controlled stop if a cart comes into contact with another.
Our inflatable tracks are built to withstand impacts from our Go carts, they are constructed from the highest quality materials and comply with all recent health and safety regulations.
PLEASE NOTE - A minimum space of 10 x 10 meters are needed to set up our smallest track.
*Largest Size - 15m x 10m Smallest Size - 10m x 10m
*Fire retardant material (same as bouncy castles)
*Inflatable low impact air cushion
*Inflates using our purpose built fan
* Start and finish arch
* Perfect for indoor or outdoor use
* Various lash down points
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are the Go Carts Safe?
Yes, our Go Carts are built to the highest standard and fully approved. with low center of gravity, automatic braking system, complete speed control setting, 360 degrees rubber bumper rail, easy start stop accelerator pedals and encased seating our carts are some of the safest on the market. We are a family run business with small children so we understand the importance of safety.
Are your parties supervised?
Yes, our parties are supervised at all times. Our staff are fully trained and experienced to ensure your party goes as smoothly as possible. Safety is our number one priority.
Will the children be shown what to do?
Yes, we give a full briefing on the carts before any driving takes place. we then set the speed setting to each child's driving ability.
How long do the parties last?
We offer two party options:
1hr for upto 12 children
2hr for upto 25 children
We also offer Half and full day packages,
How fast do the carts Travel?
Our Go Carts have a Nine speed safety setting, this is controlled by the operator.
The Nine speed settings range from 1mph to 10mph
We always start any party in a low speed setting until the operator is confident the child can operate the Carts and a higher setting.
Do I have to book a venue?
Yes. We will be constantly updating the venues our Go Cart tracks can fit in and publishing it on our website. Our smallest track requires a space of 10 meters x 10 meters.
Will you do joint parties?
Yes, we are more than happy to accommodate a joint party.
What do the other children do when they are waiting for their turn?
All our parties are structured and designed to keep the children entertained. Our Go Carts are timed to ensure all the children are given the same amount of time on the track. This also enables us to get the children as many goes as possible. Other inflatables are available for hire.
Is their any age restrictions?
Yes, however Our Go Carts are all twin seated so even children as 3 years old can ride with an adult.
Minimum Age: 3 years
Maximum age: 13 years
What type of surface can the Carts operate on?
Our Carts can operate both on road and off road, surfaces include: Short Grass, tarmac, Hall flooring and concrete.
How big is your inflatable low impact circuit?
We currently have 2 tracks to choose from. Our Yellow and Black track requires an area of 10 x 10 meters to set up and our red and black track requires an area of 15 x 10 meters.
Are helmets or any special clothing required?
No, our Carts are very safe and once within the inflatable track it is not a requirement to wear any head wear. we do recommend children wear loose fitting clothing, trainers and all long hair is tied up. No helmet is required due to the safe design of the Carts.
Do you have insurance?
Yes, we have 10 million public liability insurance and all certificates can be produced upon request.
What do the children get from the driving experience?
We have found that a Go Cart Party gives the children a wide range benefits. This includes a huge confidence boost, improved hand foot and eye coordination and a real exciting and fun experience.
If you have any further question please feel free to contact us many thanks.
4. COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE & POLICY
- The Reilly Enterprise Ltd is committed to providing a high quality experience for all of its users & clients, through its commitment to customer service & service delivery excellence. We encourage a positive environment in which informal contact and feedback from our clients is welcomed and where many complaints can be dealt with effectively and efficiently. This complaints procedure outlines the processes to be used when a client has an issue not immediately rectifiable.
- Aims of the Policy
- To provide a clear framework to help anyone who is not satisfied with the company’s service to raise their concerns and to ensure that the company responds effectively.
- To ensure that the company has systems in place to make improvements happen as a result of a complaint.
- To encourage prompt resolution at an early informal stage.
- To ensure that all complaints are dealt with seriously, fairly and sensitively, with no victimisation of a complainant.
- To raise awareness of the policy and procedures and ensure that staff, volunteers & subcontractors understand the processes through appropriate training.
- To define responsibilities and allocate duties to individual members of company staff in relation to procedures set out.
- This document should be used by anyone who wishes to make a complaint about our services. A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction by one or more members of the public about an organisation’s action or lack of action, or about the standard of service provided by or on behalf of the organisation. Requests for services or changes to services, comments, suggestions and questionnaire feedback are not considered as complaints and therefore, do not fall within this process.
- Roles and Responsibilities
- The Director receives all formal complaints and is responsible for logging and monitoring the complaints in accordance with the procedures below.
- All front-line staff have a responsibility for receiving complaints, treating them seriously and dealing with them appropriately. Wherever possible, complaints should be dealt with informally and promptly. All complaints (formal and informal) received by a member of staff must be forwarded to the Managing Director to be recorded, via an incident/witness form.
- The Managing Director has a responsibility to take a lead role in resolving complaints through investigation (when appropriate) and responding to the complainant.
- All complaints will be handled sensitively and with discretion. If a complaint is made about a member of staff, that member of staff may be informed about the substance of the complaint so that they are in a position to make a response. The company will not normally investigate anonymous or malicious complaints except in exceptional circumstances and for justifiable reasons. This may be considered if the complainant wishes to remain anonymous in cases of harassment.
- Informal Complaints
- It is hoped that most complaints can be dealt with using informal procedure.
- Concerns should be raised in the first instance with the person or area concerned as soon as possible, and not later than 3 months after the incident. If appropriate, a meeting will be offered between the person complaining and area they are complaining about to arrive to an agreed resolution.
- If a client reports a fault with the premises or environment (e.g. not clean or broken chair etc.) or its surrounding facilities, the staff member is to report it to the building manager at the earliest opportunity.
- At this informal stage complaints may be made in person, by phone or by email.
- All informal complaints, even when satisfactorily resolved, should be forwarded to the Director to be logged.
- Formal complaints
- Where complaints are very serious or the matter has not been resolved informally, the complainant should raise a formal complaint under the following procedure. Complaints made more than 3 months after the incident will not normally be investigated.
- Filling out a complaints form: The complainant should fill out a Complaints Form having read the complaints Policy and Procedure (available at www.thereillyenterprise.co.uk). The form should be returned to the Director at; The Reilly Enterprise Ltd, Crown House, 84 North Street, Gosport, Hampshire. PO121DJ.
- Acknowledgement: The Director will send an acknowledgment (normally within 5 working days) stating who will be investigating the complaint and that a response will be provided within 20 working days.
- Logging the complaint: The Director maintains a legal file containing all complaints, their progress and outcome.
- Investigation of the complaint: The Director will carry out the investigation. During this stage the complainant may be contacted for further information or to be invited to meet the Managing Director (they may be accompanied by a friend or family member, however, an accompanying person cannot take active part in the proceedings but can offer support to the complainant).
- Resolution: The Director will consider the complaint thoroughly and will complete an Investigation Summary to be held on file for record purposes. The Director will make a judgement based on evidence gathered and will decide to:
- Dismiss the complaint as unfounded & giving sound reasons.
- Uphold or partially uphold the complaint, propose an amicable settlement, take appropriate steps to address the issue and to avoid a similar problem arising in the future.
- The outcome of the investigation will normally be communicated to the complainant by the Director by email and a copy of the letter will be kept on file.
- Dissatisfied at the outcome of a complaint? If there is dissatisfaction at the outcome of a complaint investigation carried out by The Reilly Enterprise Ltd, the complainant has the right to escalate their complaint through legal channels. We are not affiliated to a governing body.
- Quality improvement: The Director will ensure that relevant action is taken to change procedures or implement staff training to prevent recurrence of the complaint.
- Monitoring the complaint: The Director is responsible for monitoring all logged complaints to ensure they are resolved within the allotted 20 Working days, and will inform the complainant if they are unable to meet the agreed timescale.
- Evaluation: A record of complaints and outcomes will be recorded in a complaints file. The database will be analysed on a regular basis to ensure that actions are carried out to address issues raised.